Richmond Real Estate Investors Association
The Successful Real Estate Investor’s Number One Networking, Marketing, Training & Deal Making Resource in Richmond, Virginia!
Deal Maker Session and the Richmond Real Estate Investors Association is a networking group of like-minded professionals, veteran investors and people that want to take advantage of the opportunities in the Richmond Virginia and surrounding Real Estate market today.
Join us for an upcoming event!
The Richmond REIA and Real Estate Investor Group is proud to announce our Guest John Hyre
John Hyre is a tax attorney, accountant and real estate investor with over 20 years of experience with direct experience in IRS audits and in Tax Court with SDIRA and REI issues. He consults with real estate investors of all sizes, small business owners and self-directed IRA/401k owners nationwide. He also represents taxpayers in audits and in Tax Court nationwide. He frequently speaks nationally on the topic of taxation of self-directed IRA’s/401k’s, taxation of real estate & small businesses, and asset protection. Unlike most tax speakers, John is an entertaining but often “offensive” speaker – you were warned! He can be found at iralawyer.com and realestatetaxlaw.com. These websites are presently under re-construction to upgrade them from their present primitive state.
John will be providing a SPECIAL 1 Day workshop on Self-Directed IRA’s. It will consists of 3 Powerful and Impactful sessions that you don’t want to miss!!
All 3 sessions will involve a lot of Q&A – off the clock instead of the usual $350/hour that John charges his personal clients.
Bookkeeping (2 hours, roughly 9 am to 11:00 am)
- Why Use Quick Books – what it has, what it lacks
- How QB plays into audits
- Other record-keeping required to be ready for audits
- 1099 Requirements
- What a good set of QB looks like – because many of you have never seen such a thing
- The 5 screens you need to know in QB
- How to put money into a pass-through entity, how to pay yourself from the same, how to make the entries for the same
- How to purchase & classify items in QB
- Time permitting: What a quick flip with prehab looks like in QB
Tax Planning (1.5 hours, roughly 11:-15 – 12:30 & 1 pm to 1:45 pm)
- Maximizing tax free meals, entertainment and travel
- Why the “Dealer” issue is overdone
- Reimbursing yourself from your business – the one thing most of you are missing
- Converting personal-use property (e.g. – those college textbooks) to business use
- Filling your home with tax-deductible furniture
- Renting your home to your business – tax-free
- Accelerated Depreciation – basics & when it helps and when it actually hurts you
- IRS Audits: Annoying, but nothing to fear, and how to handle them
SDIRA/SD401k (2 hours, roughly 2:00 pm – 5 pm)
- Why SD 401k & SDIRA accounts are the most valuable tax planning tools in existence
- Why I prefer 401k’s over SDIRA’s
- Basic discussion of Prohibited Transactions
- The two most subtle PT’s that REI miss
- My favorite way to grow a 401k or IRA: How one landlord got 50 rentals into his Roth
- Preferred dividends – an innovative way to fund IRA growth
- Participating debt – how to avoid UBIT arising from funding rehab JV’s
- Checkbook LLC Discussion
- What I heard from high-level IRS regulators in DC this week, in person.
Let’s finish the year strong so please join us and bring a friend or guest.
Saturday, September 23rd, 2017
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Richmond Real Estate Investors Association LLC
15474 Pouncey Tract Rd
Rockville, VA 23146